Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Revisiting "Regarding Options"

Today, I was in need of new perspective, again. So I revisited this post for some encouragement.


For today, what will I make my focus?
~the rainstorm that came the very instant we stepped out of the car at the grocery store OR the giggly puddle-stompers
~my friend's cancellation for our night out tomorrow OR God's promise that He is indeed working all things for the good of those who love him
~the printer running out of ink as I was preparing to copy our history time-line figures OR the extra time to study science and here this one-of-a-kind quote, "Oh boy, Mom! We're studying testicles! It's testicle day!!! Mom, what's a testicle?"
~my daughter's antiobotic-induced diarrhea ALL OVER THE DINING ROOM FLOOR (and the subsequent cloroxing of floor, tub and clothes that followed) OR the pure joy and delight she found in a mid-afternoon bath
~the napped that she missed from the stomach ache OR the excuse it gave me to order a pizza for dinner (no cooking or cleaning tonight!)
~the enormous mess in the kitchen OR a wonderland full of learning toys that inspired Egyptian adventures and stories galore
~my husband's call that he will be late tonight OR his safe trip back from a day out of town

And ending as I did last time...
~Pouting or praying
~Looking for a way out or Looking for Joy right where I am
~Myself or my Savior

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

This is so beautiful.

You inspire me to stop and think about all my frustrations that come up all day long and how it is possible to turn it into something joyful.

Hang in there. You've sure got a plateful, but also a heart full of grace.

Alicia K said...

Just love reading your flip side ... so many times when my day goes completely wrong I just see the negative. So refreshing to read your take on your day yesterday! Hope Lydie's tummy is feeling better!