Friday, January 09, 2009

More or less

Today I have had to tell myself dozens of times, "It is NOT about you. It is NOT about you. It is NOT..." But I still don't get it down deep. Self-pity, bad attitude, guilt are cycling in my mind over and over again.

If I take my eyes off of the gospel for one thought, I am doomed. It feels like it should be about me. But it shouldn't. And there is no joy in self-worship.

The beauty of the gospel radiates the fact that it's not about me, doesn't have to be, doesn't help to be. It's all about Him-His life, His work, His righteousness (lack of selfishness, self pity, bad attitude), His glory, His resurrection. The joy comes in resting in Him. Not in comfort, wealth, security, or even worldly happiness. I am slowly submitting myself to the reality (not just head knowledge), that holiness is more to be desired than "happiness". One p-a-i-n-f-u-l lesson at a time.

More of You, Jesus, less of me.

"He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, in order that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."
I Corinthians 1:30
Pictured above: I am basking in the blessing today of my loved ones that hold my hand through life. Pictured above, the youngest one, enjoying a day at the park, in spite of her Mommy's attitude.

3 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Thank you for your honesty.

Thank the Lord for God's amazing grace! :)

Alicia K said...

Just wanted you to know that I will be in prayer for you tomorrow morning!

Also, love the picture of Lydie in this post.

Tiff said...

I had a whole weekend of accusing thoughts and it wore me out. This morning I was encouraged to just walk by faith and leave the rest to the Lord. I was greatly encouraged by Ps 26...especially the verse that says, "the friendship of the Lord is near to those who fear Him."