Friday, January 23, 2009

A real trip to Egypt, almost

Yesterday we had a once in a lifetime experience. We saw the King Tut exhibit. What a brilliant civilization!We were not allowed to take pictures of the artifacts. But we snapped a few pictures in the lobby.

And then we had lunch at a very cool Mellow Mushroom.

And we were back to the museum for the 3-D movie on pyramids and mummification.

I am grateful for an amazing opportunity! I was inspired by the Egyptians obsession with the afterlife. If only we would set our sights more often on heaven with the One True God! And we don't even have to earn his love during this life. I was thinking a lot about the freedom we have in Christ, as opposed to the slavery of life lived under the pressure of earning a right standing with "the gods". I am very thankful today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your perspective on life!
Rebecca