Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pinch me...

Today was a dreamy Sunday. Thank the Lord for pick-me-up days like this! To my delight I had a full hour to get dressed for church, alone, with the door locked. I actually primped. When I emerged, all three of the children were bathed and dressed. I took the boys to church and my man stayed home with the baby to give her one more day to get over the virus. When we came home, my man had grilled and lunch was waiting. That man never ceases to amaze me! After lunch, we all strolled down to the neighborhood lake. The kids played on the playground, strolled around the lake, fed the ducks and visited a friend. It was quiet and sweet. Sigh. Later, I had the time to go for a jog all by myself. I had so much quiet time today I actually ran out of things to pray for. Crazy, I know. Now, all three kids are tucked in. I am getting ready to sip a Diet Coke and watch a TV show. So this is what it feels like to have a real Sabbath. Rest, worship, cuddles. Wow, I think we should do this more often. (Sadly, we are usually busy at our church small group on Sunday afternoons and evenings. :) )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she is better.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful babies. And one walking...your little one growing so big. thanks for praying for me the other day:) :) :)