Thursday, September 06, 2007

A homeschooler's P.E. class

When we decided to downsize our home last summer, we looked at house after house with much discouragement. When all was said and done, we were looking for a house that was $100,000 less than the amount we were asking for the house in which we were living. That's a big number. We needed at least 3 bedrooms, as I was pregnant with our third child, and we needed a basement for my man's office. Other than that, we could only dream. We were under a major time crunch to find a house. Through the Lord's caring hand, we "chanced" upon our house. It appears small from the front, but has plenty of room. But the part of our house that is an extraordinary blessing is our property. We moved from a brand new house on a 1/4 acre lot, to this much larger lot. I was thinking of what a tremendous blessing we have enjoyed in our yard. I laughed today as I was jumping on the trampoline with Toot. I told him he had the very best PE class, in my opinion. :) It is all found within the confines of our yard. Most of it is merely enjoying God's creation. Here is what it looks like:

Ya'll, if you have the chance to own a pool, give it a whirl! The previous owner installed ours. It added no value to the house. We paid the exact same amount for our house as any other house this size without a pool. It costs $600-$700 a year to maintain. But we just opt out of pool membership with the neighborhood and are not at a loss. We saved at least $300 in free entertainment for parties in the past year with our pool.
My parents gave this trampoline to the boys as a joint birthday present. I LOVE it! We played together on it for an hour today. Aerobic exercise today? Check!
Our balance beam.
The view from the trampoline to the house. The trampoline is in the bottom corner of the fenced area of the yard. The unfenced area has a little creek that I was too lazy to photograph. See our little white house in the upper left corner? And the boys still play on the swing set every day. They still love to swing and slide. Does that every get old?
And that's where the kids get their daily work outs. No fancy equipment, no fitness awards, but we have so much fun!

3 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

Love the outside!!! :) Wonderful!

MorningSong said...

Looks good to me!! What a great little nook you have! I love the big lots of older homes!! A definite perk.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I just loved reading this, because I don't know if you remember but we "downsized" too. But not a $100,000.......only $60,000! =) We are MUCH happier with our lower mortgage and closer to everything driving. We are actually thinking about putting in a pool next spring, but I agree it doesn't really add any value to your house....so that's the only down-side! But we are excited and we love our big back yard too!! But more importantly we know we are right where God wants us! That's the best!!