Thursday, September 20, 2007

Another craft

I am planning for our last birthday party until next summer. (This is our last kid birthday party until next summer, in case you feel like all I ever do is plan parties!) My precious baby will be one year old tomorrow. I wanted to find a way to "walk down memory lane" with our family at her party. So I got a picture from each month of her life. Then I "backed" the pictures like I do when I am scrapbooking. And then I glued the month at top with a little lady bug sticker. Then a taped each picture to a baby food jar. I am going to put white gerber daisies, if they come in white, or sunflowers in each jar and use them for centerpieces.

Here's a few...

and the others...

One up close...

And the back. Now, I guess I need to move on to more important things like a birthday cake and food. :)

6 comments:

Dini said...

I'm not sure how I found your blog..."rocks in my dryer" perhaps? Anyway just want to say that I really love this idea! How sweet! Happy birthday to your little one. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, so you're "THAT" kind of mommy...I see what I have to deal with, here... ;)
Cutie-patootie. Oh, and I really love the little dress you made. That's a keeper!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Awe....you're such a good mommy!! You really go all out even with the third!! WOW!! (guilt..) Hope everthing goes well!!

Anonymous said...

wish it could have worked out for us to celebrate with you. the pics are adorable.

Hope to see you soon.

MorningSong said...

Such a great idea. You have certainly earned your break from birthdays! I am certain that your party recipients are more than thankful for all the memories you are creating.

Blessings.

Jackie said...

Awwww, so precious. A well-loved baby! I can't believe it's been a year already!