Thursday, September 13, 2007

My treasure trove

2 toys for the baby
2 shirts, 2 vests and three pants for Jaybird

6 dresses, one pair of shoes, one sweater and two pants for the baby (I hardly ever buy her pants, but these two are so cute! The khaki has red apples sew in. The jeans has a pink ribbon and bow around the waist band!

Two new diaper bags. ($3 a piece!) See how the black and white has a monogram? I can take off the J and D and keep the L for the baby!
6 shirts, one dressy outfit, one vest, one jacket and three pants for Toot

Two movies
Two books

2 games for the boys (we already played both after dinner:) )
I spent $140 at the preview consignment sale. I bought more than I planned (only planned on spending $100), but I am happy with my stash. Almost all of the clothing is Talbots, Gap, Gymboree, Old Navy or Children's Place. My most expensive item was $6.00, but most were around $3.00. Have I sold you on consignment sales yet? :)

6 comments:

MorningSong said...

Great treasures!!! I would never have thought of removing some/all of the monogramming! What a great idea!!

Blessings.

RHB said...

I'm sold. :)

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I cannot believe this, but... my oldest daughter has outgrown children's consignment stores and sales. They don't carry her size anymore! Alas. I never even imagined that day ever coming!! Every cloud has a silver lining, though... she's almost stopped growing! Think of the money saved! :) But wait... should I be sad, or glad about that??? It depends what day you ask me, I think...!

Hyperactive Lu said...

You did wonderfully! I hope you sold what you wanted!

Anonymous said...

BTW, please tell Lydie thank you for the sweet note today! :) Precious little fingers...

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Around here the treasures are found at yard sales! I love 'em!!! I have never thought about removing the monogramming - great idea.