Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My bedroom make-over

I posted a while back on my bedroom make-over. See this post for before pictures of the ugliest bedroom in America. Here's my attempt at improvement. The modern art above the bed is very "unlike" me. But I saw it set aside in a check-out aisle. Someone changed their mind last minute. Jaybird pointed it out and I thought it was perfect.

This picture probably captures the blue paint most accurately. It has a good bit of grey in its tone. My precious man painted the room for me as an anniversary present. The curtains are new as well. (Target) This is the little spot in our little room where I blog.
This is a better picture of my new bed! I spent almost 1/2 of my paycheck from this summer. (I wrote 7 science units for Jaybird's school. ) It felt very odd spending around $500, a BIG splurge for me. But God gave Andy and me a perfect peace about this purchase. One week later we saw God's hand. We had a teacher from Jaybird's school in desperate need for furniture for a loved one. We were able to give her our old bedroom set. We had a good cry together over God's providence.

This chest-of-drawers is the only piece of furniture in our bedroom that holds clothing. I bought lots of metal shelving and plastic storage for our walk-in closet. Most of our clothes are in there now. We have always wanted a sleigh bed and the space was an easy trade for the opportunity to buy quality furniture first hand.Our bedroom door used to have furniture behind it. You could only open the door half way. LOVE the open space.
These pictures are not very clear (as usual I waited until after dark to take pictures and the lighting is not good). But this is a repainted end table. These lamps are not new, but I do love them. They are probably the only thing from our bedroom that I liked. The lamps are polished silver and the shades have big polka dots.

That's all so far! I have an oil painting that needs to be stretched into a frame. (Has any one done this before? I am thinking of giving it a try. It costs $60 at Michael's with a coupon. How hard could it be? We have a staple gun and cardboard. Am I being naive here?) And I need to hang curtains on the other window. Then voile, project complete.

5 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

WOW - great job. I love that paint color and your new bed is beautiful. I am so glad God was able to provide a set for another family through you all. What a blessing.

I have no clue how to answer your question about the canvas - best of luck! Maybe someone crafty will leave a comment.

Anonymous said...

I really like the color scheme... it looks very peaceful, which is just what a bedroom should be. The whole layout of the room is peaceful, actually... and I love the bed, beautiful. I read this today from Charles Spurgeon (and I don't have the book in front of me, so it may not be verbatim!): "Blessings should always come into our home through the door of prayer. Then they remain blessings, and do not become temptations." Oh, yes, I "get" that, don't you? Sounds like you have received a true blessing!

Wendy said...

Looks great! Your new bed is so pretty and I love the wall color you chose.

Jackie said...

I feel like I just saw snaps for HGTV. Way to go!

Olive said...

That is so cute ! I love the wall color! I'm glad you posted pictures. :)