Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The baby's birthday dress

A completed project! Wow, that's a new concept around here lately! Why am I posting at 3:33 am? Because the kids and I spent 3 hours at the mall looking for a party dress for the baby with lady bugs to match her birthday theme. We were not successful. So I went back to my original plan, the only available time to sew being...now. I am so thankful that we did not buy her a dress at the mall. We had a fun day together and we actually love the mall (carousel, food court, cookie company, playground, what fun!). And now she has a special keepsake.
This dress is a pillow case dress. It is easy to make, as easy as sewing can be. (My friend told me it would take 30 minutes. Including the ribbon and rick rack it took me an hour and a half. But this is only my second dress to make.) It can be worn with tights and a turtle neck in the fall/winter and all by itself in the hot summer.

This picture is so blurry. Sorry! I drew on a piece of paper my idea for the monogrammer. I will drop it off tomorrow and have the black dots monogrammed in a circle with her initials (which of course are not AAA) monogrammed in red. I am excited to see the finished product. If any one likes to sew and would like to make a pillow case dress, let me know and I will post instructions.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

SOOO cute! Great job! I love the monogramming idea too.

Anonymous said...

Renee-

that looks beautiful. You have been bitten by the crafty bug too, I see:)

MorningSong said...

Yes!! I have material but haven't started cutting material yet. I was told of a few websites, but what did you do?? I am INTERESTED! :)

Great dress!

Hyperactive Lu said...

You did great! I love the monogramming idea! How expensive is it where you go?

Renee said...

Thanks! It is normally around $7 at the store. But with the dots it was $9. My friend gave me the pillow case and I bought the ribbon and rick-rack. So I probably invested around $15 for this dress.