Thursday, August 02, 2007

Our bedroom

We've had our two days of recovery and I'm ready to push forward to a new project, or projectS. Currently, the most exciting project is redecorating our master bedroom. I use the word "master" hesitantly. We have an itty bitty bedroom with an itty bitty bathroom. I honestly think I could win an ugliest bedroom contest. I have taken almost every piece of art from the walls to add to other "finished" rooms. Our bedroom furniture is hodge podge hand-me-downs. The bedspread is okay, but not my taste. The poor room has been on the back burner.

I am humbly posting my BEFORE pictures below. We are painting this weekend. Also, today our new sleigh bed was delivered. I also got new bed linens, light gray/blue and chocolate brown. And I am framing an oil painting above the bed. It should be a great start.
Yikes!

Lovely, huh?


And for the finale, our tv stand. I think any effort would be an improvement.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, I can relate to this! Just a couple weeks ago we got new furniture and bedding too. It has been so nice! We've felt like we were in a hotel.

Look forward to seeing your new oasis. :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I stand in awe of you that you have the energy to tackle such a project after such a bang up birthday job! WOW! I can't wait to see it.

Renee said...

Have you looked at the pictures! I think I'm just motivated to put a "free" weekend to good use. We have a busy August ahead of us. Also, now that the new bed is in, I want the rest of the room to look better as well. I am stubborn that way. :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Off topic, but I don't know how to email you - how is the classical reading going? I still have "The Well Trained Mind" and its counter part "The Well Educated Mind" on my vacation book list! I wondered how you were doing with it.

Renee said...

I am still committed to reading the list of books. I am not keeping up with the 40 minute a day commitment consistently. I am hoping to be more consistent when we begin school and get more scheduled. I am almost done with book 1, Don Quixote. To my defense, it is over 700 pages and a very slow read! :)

Paula said...

Take heart, our bedroom is A LOT worse and SMALLER!!!

I can't wait to see the after.