Thursday, May 01, 2008

Stirring the creative juices

Today is project day. It's a day where I do minimal housework and try to finish an art project. I have been wanting to mimic Heidi's silhouettes for a long time. We are painting our family room tomorrow night and between the paint and the new sofa, I am feeling inspired to use a new color scheme altogether. I painted our brick fireplace in September and I chose one shade lighter for the walls (the bottom half of the walls has white wood). The picture below of the blue frame shows the color of the fireplace. So, now 8 months later, I am getting around to the family room again. I am changing the color on the walls from cream to tan, and using yellow, robin's egg blue and white as accent colors.
My inspiration:(I got this painting for hosting a Southern Living Home party a couple of years ago. I wish I could say that I am the artist.)

My finished art project from today:


Here are some things that will adorn the mantel:
I have been stirring all of my creative juices and coming up short in decorating ideas for this room. So, again, I am using Heidi's ideas...thanks, Heidi!
Hopefully, there will be a finished room by Saturday morning!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Those elements are going to look great together. Please post a picture when you get them in place! Your silhouettes turned out wonderful. Wahoo! You made my day. :)

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I love the silhouttes.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

WOW!!! You are so beautifully creative! How inspiring! Would you be willing to post how you did the silhouettes (step by step for people like me with little ability for creativity)? :) Keep up the awesome work!

Anonymous said...

love your ideas! how did you do the silhouettes? great ideas!