Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Wall collage

Every day I ask the boys to spend one hour outside and thirty minutes reading quietly while the baby is napping. Sometimes they play outside longer if the weather is nice. During this time of day, I rush to do my "chores" and then work on a little project. These projects keep me sane, somehow.
Today's project: photo collage on the family wall. I didn't get far, but it was fulfilling just the same.I only hung two things on the wall. But I like the way they turned out.
I took a regular black frame and glued red and white ticking fabric to the mat. I needed a subtle punch of color.

I found this little shelf at a yard sale last week. It was only $2.50. I took some scrap fabric and tacked it to the back. I am a sucker for toile! I think this little shelf will be the highlight of the collage for me. And it is a great place to put all of these little frames that were cluttering our bookshelf!
If time permits tomorrow, I will try to add three more frames and order a black and white picture for the frame above. With little ones, everything in life is a p-r-o-c-e-s-s!

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

:) Great idea with the fabric and the frame! Keep the pics coming!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Great ideas and it's good that your kids having reading time and outdoor time