Saturday, May 24, 2008

Summer love

The last day of school (field day)

Buzz cuts

Daddy has the pool open for the summer and today was our first day to try it out
The heat is often unbearable in the south. But even so, the summer is my favorite season during this stage in my life. I mean to say, I love what summer brings for our family. I have a friend that always dreads the summer time. Here's a list of my favorite things that we do most often in the summer. I love cooking out with friends, swimming, playing in the sprinkler and hose, fresh veggies from our garden, lots of colorful flowers around the yard, amusement parks, trips to the beach, catching "lightning bugs", sidewalk chalk and outdoor paint, movies in the park, fireworks, popsicles, outdoor concerts, more trips to see family, and more date nights with my husband. I can't believe it's already here! What's not to love!?

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Summer really IS an awesome time of year!! I love that it's the beautiful transition from one season of learning to the next...time to reflect on what's been learned and look forward to what lies ahead. Wish I could take a dip in your pool while doing all the above!

Miss you much!

Anonymous said...

I love summer, too - for all the same reasons. It's just so nice to slow down and have fun together.