Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving highlights

We spent Thanksgiving this year away from home. We traveled to a Bed and Breakfast, and then several other cities, with my parents and my brother's family. We made fresh, beautiful memories with our nephew and nieces and the adults. More time together, laughter, sweet little smiles etched in my memory, and so much to be thankful for.

Lydie playing with the leaves and bubbles
I tried to breathe deeply and capture a few favorite memories to file away for Thanksgivings to come... looking at Christmas ornaments with my niece, watching the children pop bubbles on their noses, Lydie eating her first Thanksgiving meal and loving the turkey and dressing, the boys cheering for their favorite football team, sweet and tender prayers from happy little hearts, a surprise birthday song and cake at breakfast, giggles and board games, and so much more.

The boys in their Thanksgiving colors at the B & B
My extended family blesses me so deeply. I have parents that love one another and are amazingly generous to us. They are not only generous with their money and gifts, but equally with their encouragement. They comment often on our marriage and parenting and their words are invaluable! My brother, his wife and children are all people that I love to be around. We share so much in common, including our faith and a wacky sense of humor. It makes for fun holidays. We each have three children, and each of our children are less than a year apart. So six children, seven and under. There is never a dull or quiet moment.
Five of the six little rascals
This trip filled me up in so many ways, but left me wanting more time for fun, sweet fellowship. It's hard to believe another Thanksgiving has come and gone and we will be getting out the Christmas decorations this week! Where has the fall gone? I am bubbling over with thanksgiving tonight!

2 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

So glad your parents and extended family offer such encouragement and love! Your thanksgiving sounds wonderful!

RHB said...

What a fun trip for you all! Happy Thanksgiving!