Thursday, November 15, 2007

Has it been a week since I've posted??

Silly boys leaving the house this morning

With only a minute to spare (the tub is filling with water and bubbles), I wanted to check in. I have been reading your blogs with no time for comments, but updating myself none the less. I have had a week filled with preparing for a garage sale, keeping friends' children, school events and a wonderful, surprise guest (my mother-in-law). I closed my first 6 ebay sales and made $20 after fees. It deserves no drum-roll, but still, it is a profit. (A penny saved... right?) I have been feverishly working to sell un-ebay-able items tomorrow at our garage sale like our old sofa, high chair, double stroller, etc. I am praying for $300 tomorrow. It would help a lot with these infamous medical bills. Ugggg!

The great thing about being a child of the King is that God is always at work in the heart of a believer. He is always teaching, loving, making Himself known. He is faithful and kind to me, in spite of my most recent panicked state of mind over our finances. He is teaching me how to lovingly speak up in my marriage, something that has always been very difficult for me. (One of my biggest fears in life is sounding like a nag so many times I avoid conflict.) He is teaching me to pray and not try to take control of His turf. He is showing me that I am abundantly wealthy in so many ways that don't show up on paper. He is allowing me to enjoy life amidst a stormy season. What a miracle it is to share in the spiritual heritage that is inherited through Jesus. More later...the tub is full!

1 comment:

Hyperactive Lu said...

I pray that you will make MORE than $300! Good luck with your sale!