Tuesday, November 06, 2007

My little pilgrims

Tonight we began the "I am thankful for..." conversation around the dinner table. The Spirit has filled me up with thanksgiving today, as only God can. When situations arise, financial situations, that are out of my control I tend to internally panic...big time. Today as I went to get Jaybird from school, I was alone, which was very unusual. I cracked the windows to feel the 55 degree, crisp air. I breathed deeply and stared at endless shades of orange, green, red and yellow leaves. I blasted Chris Tomlin. And in that 20 minutes I spent intimate time with Jesus. I couldn't help but sob with joy over the things he reminded me in that quick car ride. And I was reminded of how deeply I am blessed. Back to the dinner table, some wonderful and silly things came out of our mouths. We began by agreeing that we were all thankful for God and our family. From there, here were some other answers:My heart (Toot said that. Sweet, huh?), bacteria that gives us cheese:), colors, forks, polka dots, rainbows, food like pizza, God's word, music, the planets, dancing, fabric. And the conversation continues...
Toot with his planet mobile.

No comments: