Friday, August 31, 2007

Toot's Star Wars party

Today my little boy turned five. I think it is safe to say that he had a wonderful day. He got to spend the morning with his best friend. This little boy blesses us all with his sweet smile, easy going personality, leftie personality and quiet disposition. He is a lot like our Toot. Remember the friend that I said offered to take the kids in carpool earlier this week? Well, she again "kidnapped" Toot and took him all morning. He didn't come home until this afternoon when it was time for his party. Toot's party was the same agenda: swimming, scavenger hunt (disguised as a Jedi Training course), pinata and cake. It was really fun and sweet. Three families from church came over. I enjoyed my time with friends as much as the kids. Ironically, today is also our eleventh wedding anniversary. I'll have to comment more on my sweetie later. Here's what the party looked like(Per my husband's request, I will not be posting pictures of our children any more and all old pictures have been deleted. So these pictures aren't very cute. But I'll try to still post lots of pictures of other things like projects, parties, etc. I'll have to be creative.):
My man made this map for the Jedi training
Simple centerpieces...confetti and toys
I hung star lights around the windows
My friend loaned her cardboard characters...a big hit
I bought this costume for my man. He felt goofy, the kids LOVED it!

4 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Your creativity is inspiring. Wow - great parties.

Olive said...

Looks fun! You throw very imaginative kids parties!

Hyperactive Lu said...

Your parties look fantastic! You do a great job with budgeting, planning.... Great job!

TriplePlay said...

Is my brother wearing his cleats with the Vader costume?

Dude, you look cool! Did you have the James Earl Jones voiceover?

"Luke, join me and together we can rule the universe..."

Excellent!