Monday, August 27, 2007

Recovery

Haven't fallen off the face of the earth! Did get a crazy bad case of food poisoning on Friday, which lead to an ER visit on Saturday. I am feeling almost myself again and looking forward to being back in the race tomorrow. Completely missed my big women's ministry event on Saturday. But it was apparently one for the record books. More women than ever have signed up for fall Bible study. The speakers were amazing. The decor and food were beautiful. I am praising God. I was a little sad to miss out on this event that became my second baby over the last month, but as my good friend says, "God is still on His throne!". He can use me as His instrument any day, but He certainly doesn't need me to fulfill His big plans.

So tomorrow I am back on my feet. Two small meals have passed through my system without a fight. My energy is slowly coming back. And I'll admit with all of the quiet bed rest, I have begun dreaming of the winter Women's event. :)

6 comments:

RHB said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

MorningSong said...

Yea!! Your comment feature is back! I've been wanting to comment all week and it had disappeared!

I am sorry to hear you missed your event! Phooey! I was so happy for you, I knew how much you put into it! Oh well, the show must go on!

Glad to hear you are better now!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are feeling better!
Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh, so glad I can comment now. Your past few posts have touch my heart. I am sorry you missed your event. I know you'll enjoy the next one!

I left you something at my blog, you'll have to go down a few posts...to "reflecting"

MorningSong said...

I was wondering if you had seen this post on my blog?? Have a great day!!

http://songofthemorning.blogspot.com/2007/08/pay-it-forward.html

Hyperactive Lu said...

oh! how awful! it always happens when you've got something big planned, ya know?! Glad you're feeling better!