Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm back...

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. Each word was a treasure to me!
This has been an eventful week! School started for #1 and homeschool started for #2. (More details about school later!) #3 has been completely weaned. And I have had some great prayer time with the Lord. After much prayer, I decided to persist with a sippy cup and quit breastfeeding cold turkey. #3 now drinks from a sippie cup and a straw, praise the Lord! She has not nursed in 2 days and is doing well, with her main trouble during settling down for naps. (The cold turkey method sounds cruel and is not advised. But I know my little girl well and I truly believe this method is best for her personality.) Yesterday I wanted to throw in the towel so badly and just nurse her! But I called my two closest friends and found encouragement. That is the great thing about prayer. When you bathe a decision in prayer and feel the Lord's leading, you can rest in that peace when times are tough or you doubt your decision. So we made it through the day and I stuck with it! God is forever faithful and kind when life is hard! More later and I can't wait to catch up on your blogs!

5 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

I am so glad that you were able to receive encouragement from your friends. I hope your baby continues to adapt to the changes (AND QUICKLY!)and maybe you'll start sleeping!

Wendy said...

Glad it was a good time!

Looking forward to hearing more about school.

Wendy said...

BTW, how is your bedroom project coming?

RHB said...

yaaaay for Lydie taking a sippie cup! Glad you got some direction and peace!Hoping that you are getting more sleep now too?

Love, Rach

MorningSong said...

Great news!!! I know it wasn't easy but as you said 'When you bathe it in prayer and feel the Lord's leading - you can rest in that!'!! You have been on my mind so much! Great job!!

I am glad you found the answer for you and your family!!!!

Blessings!