Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Recovery, or lack there of

I really wanted to sit around and be lazy today. I felt a need for a day of recovery and relaxation. Does that even exist as a mama? Maybe so away from the house, but rarely under this roof!

So far, the only sitting and relaxing I have stolen away has been the ten minutes I spent nursing the baby before her nap. I chugged a Diet Coke and breezed through a magazine. No sooner had I walked down the steps than the phone rang. I was being beckoned to get on the ball with our Women's Ministry fall kick-off. It is in 3 1/2 weeks and I am the Events Coordinator this year. Then #2 wanted to sit down and make a guest list for his party (his birthday is in 30 days). I obliged with a smile, but deep down the thought of another party right now makes my stomach hurt. :) Then I began the RSVPs for this week's birthdays...4 in all for the week! (I secretly calculated that everyone must have mating season between Thanksgiving and Christmas...so many late July/August birthdays. Two of my kids were born during this time of year. :) ) Then I decided to go ahead and line up some fun play dates for the week since we start school on the 13th. So I did that while cleaning the kitchen. Now it is close to lunch time and the baby should be waking up. On to the second half of the day. With the Lord's strength and the wonderful thoughts of my happy little birthday boy from yesterday, I am going back now to face the music. Have a great day!

4 comments:

MorningSong said...

That cracks me up - the Nov/Dec connection! haha

My daughter is having her birthday party Sat and her birthday is this coming Monday. Hmmmm.... :) Thanks for the smile today!

Paula said...

I have to say, you have a right to be tired. WHAT a party. You did a GREAT job momma!!!! That is a very cool party!!!

BTW~Is the Thomas Train ride at the Tweetsie Rail Road place in NC?

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Sounds like a typical mom's "rest" time...very little actually rest.

I have a August baby myself :)

RHB said...

What a great party and what creative ideas! I am very impressed with your spending and inspired. :) Hope you do take some time to recover before the bedroom project.