Saturday, August 16, 2008

Words from my encourager





Remembering these words that my husband left on a scratch sheet of paper for me back in December. Maybe you need them today, too.

"You are not laying up many treasures here on this earth. This is the truth...but with every folded Spider-Man underwear, with every stir of a pot of green beans, with every spray of the water bottle on Jaybird's morning bedhead, and every foot that you drive to school you are dropping off treasure in your heavenly bucket. You are doing these things not because they are fun- but because God has called you to a life of motherhood- the hardest, most unrecognized, lifelong career in the world. This is a calling for the strong, the weak can't do it. This is a calling for people with integrity- because absolutely nothing is done where people are watching. Rather, it is done in the mundane, day to day funk that we call life. And you know what? You do it well! So rejoice! God is watching you. He is proud of you and He is taking notice. You are doing God's work and you are doing it well. I am just happy to be connected to you. Hang in there. I love you beyond everything visible. You make my day. Every day. Believe it!"

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

THAT, my sweet friend, is AMAZING! :)

What precious words coming from an incredibly encouraging and Godly man!

Thank you for sharing this with us! It IS exactly what I need to hear after my L-O-N-G week of simply being a mom.

I hope you can laminate or frame this one -- putting it somewhere you can see it often! It stands as a beautiful reminder of why we do what we do, even when we don't want to.

Thanks again for sharing it!

You are blessed beyond words to have him...and he is blessed that much to have you.