Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My respite

I made it out of my room yesterday afternoon, just in time to enjoy a wonderful afternoon and evening with Mom and the kids. Today has been a lazy day...coffee with my husband until 10:00, in my pajamas, no less. And later, out to lunch as a family. Then an afternoon of throwing out old toys and making room for new birthday presents in the boys' room. I also let the boys try on their new fall clothes and model them for me. That's no fun for boys, a dream for my girl.
Now, I hear two hyper boys playing a wrestling/jumping from furniture/sword kinda game. The baby is calling for me in her crib. And we will have PBJs for dinner. I have magazines to peruse and school to plan after the children are asleep. Life has been simple, ordinary and calm today. Thank the Lord for down time!
*Pictured above: Two boys getting creative because the 100 degree weather has kept them inside.

No comments: