Saturday, April 19, 2008

Request for prayer

Leaving today for my grandmother's funeral. She passed away peacefully with both of her children by her side. Please pray for me, as my husband is out of town and I am getting ready to leave. Trying to pay bills, empty trash, pick up the house, bathe the kids (and myself), pack suitcases, iron funeral clothes, and talk with family is very, very difficult, especially with little sleep from last night. I am also trying to delegate all the things I was suppose to do at church tomorrow to prepare for our spring women's ministry event. Please pray for comfort for our grieving family and cooperation from my three little ones. I am so tempted to be overwhelmed and huffy with these little children around me, but as I am praying for strength and patience I remember that all these things are just tasks. I know I can do it with His help. I know I need to put on those big girl panties again, but man do they feel WORN OUT!

3 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

My prayer is that the Lord of comfort and peace will surround you with His mighty presence. That His power and love will CARRY you through this amazingly difficult time.

"For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will LIFT YOU UP with their hands..." Psalm 91:11-12

RHB said...

Praying for you, dear friend. Love to your family as well.

Olive said...

praying....