Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dukin' it out

Quotes from an argument between the boys:
Toot (age 5): Mom, Jaybird is ruining my childhood.
Mom: Baffled/trying not to laugh
Toot: Mom, do you know the word childhood? It means the days that I am a child.
Jaybird (age 7): Toot, you don't understand. Mom, he thinks I'm being bossy. But really, I am trying to LEAD him through childhood.
Mom: Nodding head/trying not to laugh
Jaybird (after Toot left the room): Sorry, Mom. I thought we had worked this out. Sorry you had to get involved.

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

He, he, he!!! :) I can't tell you how delighted I am over and over each time I read your blog and hear a story about your 2 boys! It makes me feel like I have a sneak peek into the next few years for me with my 2 boys.

Keep the stories coming!! I LOVE them all!! :)