Friday, January 11, 2008

Scattered and diced (not hashbrowns from Waffle House, but our week)

This week has been engulfed with family, travel and unpredictability. Our "Mimi" arrived for a visit on Monday, only to turn around and follow us back to my hometown the next afternoon. My Grandmom had a stroke Tuesday morning. We spent around 24 hours visiting her, speaking with doctors, and consulting other family members. After seeing for myself that she was improving, and my parents were doing okay, we came home Wednesday night. Thursday was a blur. But fortunately, my husband got back in town, as he had been on a business trip since Monday. And now, it is Friday...right? My Grandmom has been released to in-patient rehabilitation therapy to improve her balance and can not receive visitors for three days, so my Mom is here for the weekend. I spent the entire morning with a friend, as my week was so off kilter that I didn't have any idea what I needed to be doing. (So why not eat a bagel and browse the bookstore with four little ones. Why not?) And we are headed into a weekend that is equally unpredictable.

I wanted to update my "diet" status. I think I lost about 1/2 of a pound this week. Unfortunately, my health seemed fairly insignificant this week and warranted none of my prayer time. But I have still eaten healthy in the midst of the chaos. Puny little update, but I am still focused on my goals.

I am looking forward to the beginning of a new week. This week was purposeful and wonderful in its own rite...but I will welcome a little more normalcy. Have a great weekend!

No comments: