Sunday, January 06, 2008

My kitchen decision

Yesterday the new Po*tery Barn catalog arrived in the mail. Within three hours, two of my artsy friends called to ask me if I had seen it. I had and was equally excited. With the words "Bold Color" written across the cover, I couldn't wait to scour each page looking for decorating ideas. After 15 minutes, I decided I would spend some of my Christmas money for a must-have. I decided to keep the kitchen yellow and move my baker's rack into the kitchen and buy these plates.

They were 6 for $30 in the catalog. But at the store you could choose the ones you wanted and you buy them individually. So I found a nice splash of color for $15, and saved even more on new paint!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh! I love it! I LOVE pottery barn's catalogs!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I love it!! Great job!! I love yellow kitchens......I'm thinking of going green with mine though. I don't know....so many choices!! I also loved your great deals with the clothes!!! How's the ebay stuff going?

Renee said...

Lu,
Thanks so much!

Nicki,
Our last kitchen was green and I loved it so much! We had white cabinets and green/white toile curtains. Green was my first choice, but wouldn't have suited my old, blue floors well!

Heidi said...

That issue of PB was so fun. I love the colors. You did a great job of getting that feel with the plates. Your yellow wall color is so cheery. Love it!

(I responded to your comment on my blog. Short story: last year I read here and there (and while nursing). My book club is the #1 motivator for reading the past few years. Making my lists helped increase that! This year, I am trying to get all my stuff done as quickly as possible in the evening so that I can have an hour to read before falling asleep. It is working very well so far. And apparently I can't make a long (or short) story short. :)