Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My Word

Heidi had the challenging idea to find one word to describe our aspirations for the new year. This suits me well, because for the first time ever, I am not recording any new year's resolutions. They would probably sound much like last year and the year before...lose a little weight, have regular date nights with my husband, etc. I have a mental list of what I know I need to do, and in order to avoid being overwhelmed I think that I'll just ask for grace each day to accomplish His goals for me.
So, one word, I can do that. My word is...Courage. I pray most for the courage to listen and obey. Step by step, day by day. To follow through with the dreams and aspirations that God has given me. Faithfully.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

5 comments:

Jennefer said...

What a great word! I love that you chose courage and I pray that it comes to you in great abundance in '08!

Blessings to you,
Jennefer

Anonymous said...

This kind of thing usually stumps me, but I had a word spring to my mind. If someone asked me that same question, my word would be "mercy." I desire mercy.

May you be blessed this year with the desires of God's heart in your own - and the courage to go for them all.

Happy New Year,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Love that verse! Great post!

Heidi said...

Just asking for God's grace... to be able to accomplish what we need to do each day. Beautiful!

Praying for courage for you in 2008!

RHB said...

Good Word!