Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Get together with my encouragement crew

Last night I was the recipient of another sweet night. My friends from our homeschool support group met together for dessert and coffee. What a blessing these women and their children have been for us in our homeschooling journey. We have shared so many fun memories. And our moms' nights have really put wind under my sails. Their stories, encouragement, and prayer for us have carried us along when we were stagnant. I will miss them so much!

(This picture was taken before the whole group arrived! Pictured L to R: Tammy, Alicia, Candy, me, Lisa. Not pictured: Jamie, Jennifer, Susan)

Here are some things that I have watched in these ladies' lives and tried to emulate:
to patiently wait on the Lord, to have a servant heart, staying in the Word, looking for the heart issues with my kids (and not just judging from the external behaviors), expecting high standards, making time for friendships, asking for help and being willing to receive it, and enjoying my children and husband. Thank you friends for your godly influence!

Here were the gifts that they gave me last night. (So unexpected, so thoughtful.)

No comments: