Monday, August 02, 2010

Jackson is 10!

My son is 10 years old. It's staggering. He is more than I could have hoped for. He challenges me with his faith and depth. He is trustworthy and honest-a fabulous son and brother. He is articulate, brilliant, and sensitive. We are bursting with pride, and thank God for creating such a treasure.
The other week we all took a stroll around the neighborhood. Jackson slipped his hand in mine and walked the rest of the mile like that. This was very unusual because he is the least physically affectionate of the children. He wanted to know how I was doing. My husband whispered, "Soak it up. That won't happen too many times again." I ignored the dagger going through my heart as I thought of how few and far between these moments will be, and enjoyed every minute. Our boy is ever asking how we are, what we need, etc. He's an easy kid to love.
We spent his birthday with out-of-town with family. He and his brother will have a joint party in a couple of weeks with friends. This year his presents consisted of Legos, video games,a flag football set, and nerf toys. Oh, and he got his first $100 bill, along with a leather wallet! That was a highlight. He requested some books too, which he will probably get at the party. These things pretty much sum up his interests, along with drawing, writing, movies (acting), swimming, and exploring. Life is good and simple for him. Happy birthday, Jack!!

*My apologies to those who left comments last week. I was trying to erase one and erased four or five at once. Oops!

No comments: