Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A letter to myself in 25 years when the kids are parents and I wonder if they've lost their fool minds when I look at their calendars

Dear Nana Renee,
This week has been possibly the busiest this summer. (Preceded by the busiest weekend of the summer.) We've had very fun "swim dates" with friends every day. One of those included helping my friend with some decorating decisions which was oh-so-fun!! The other was an equally exciting "reunion" with an old friend. I hosted the moms from our homeschool group last night. We prayed, shared, filled our calendars, and chatted until almost midnight! Today we spent a fun-filled, energy-zapping, 7 hours at a water park with two amazing families. And all this while recovering from an 8-hour cleaning fest, an open house, a day trip across state lines, and a bowling fiesta last weekend. Ah, the good, full, summer life of a mom with three kids.

Right now I am WIPED. I think my bones are aching. I am praying for the energy to get myself together to sell our junk at a church flea market this weekend. I won't say how far behind I am on that task because I know my sister-in-law and mother-in-law will give me grief. Our booths are adjoining and I have a suspicion that neither of them have waited until the last 24 hours to get their stuff gathered, cleaned, and priced. (They are both much more do-ahead types than I am. Praise God for them! I think ahead, but just don't do-ahead.)

I am going to bed feeling one of my very favorite emotions- completely exhausted from too much fun. I adore that feeling. I think I'll be feeling it a lot for the next few days. So, Mom/Nana, 50-something, stuck-in-her-quiet-ways, Renee-Aren't the kids darling? Don't ever forget how crazy and wonderful your life was today! And while you're at it, go give your daughter and daughters-in-law a hug and a kiss (and a hand)-and give wrinkled-wonderfully aged Andy a smooch.

Pictured above: Snippets from the last 7 (looney) days (The kids love to play in that wool hat. Strange?!?)

"We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and a mystery."
~H. G. Wells

No comments: