Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Taking the plunge

This book was so lovely and sweet. It is a retake on "The Mouse and the Lion" fable. Toot, Lydie, and I read it together a week or so ago. Later that night (because I will do just about any crazy thing to encourage a meaningful follow-up activity + my husband was working late), I let them play like Amos and Boris in the sink. Eventually, all three of the kids were in on the fun for nearly an hour. The only real requirement is a nice, fluffy towel on the floor to soak up the "waves".
The giggles and newfound adventures that I heard from my bedroom were worth the mess. Toot taught Lydie about sinking and floating, among other things. Lydie gave Toot a good lesson in patience, as she was not in a sharing mood (see picture above). But eventually, big brother Jaybird came in and set them both straight.

It's really the little things, isn't it? (Meanwhile, four new, unopened birthday presents for the boys are collecting dust in the play room. I guess when they run out of mud and water they will get to the new toys. Winter, maybe?)l

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Amos and Boris is one of my favorite books. Levi was reading it just this evening. :) What fun to re-enact the story with real water!