Thursday, September 10, 2009

From the mouths of babes

Toot (age 7): (Snuggled under the covers) "Well, I know God is everywhere. But Jesus must be going to sleep in the living room. That's because He came back to life again. So he must really like the living room. And by the way, could you pray the makers of the Bionicle movie believe in Jesus, too?"

Jaybird (age 9): (During family prayers) "God, I just pray that my Great Granddad is doing well in heaven. I know he must be happy. I pray that you took away his brain cancer. I pray you gave him a boat in heaven cause he was in the navy and loved to fish."

Lydie (age 2): (Randomly all day long) "God loves me and takes me care of." And her prayer request tonight : "That Alabama loves Jesus."

"Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them. For of such is the kingdom of heaven." ~Matthew 19:14
~Father, make us less so that you can be more in this family. Thank you that your light shines even among the smallest. Please continue to soften, mold, call, grow, and knit us together with You and then one another! We are truly RICH!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such sweet prayers! "That Alabama loves Jesus" - precious.

Anonymous said...

We are so richly blessed, aren't we? Let's bask in these moments...
-your man