Thursday, September 24, 2009

Girly dreams

I was going to make Lydie's party dress from scratch. The events of our week have not permitted me to do so. But...I found this beautiful taffeta cream dress today at the consignment sale. It cost $10. I think it was a flower girl dress because it was not store bought and it is made very well. I added the ribbon and flower, and she loves it! (It passed what she calls "twirl-ability". In fact, when she twirls it flows out bigger than any of her other dresses!) It will be perfect for her princess tea party with her friends. For an accessory, I made each girl a home-made crown. And Andy is buying Lydie a necklace with one pearl. Each year we will add another pearl until either she is eighteen or until she gets married, we have not decided. She is going to be so beautiful!! I am so thankful for the blessing of planning her party during such an awful week. What a happy spot!



No comments: