Saturday, September 19, 2009

Eavesdropping and sewing

Except for the 2 hour trip to Wal-Mart (yuck), we have taken it easy today. We went to the doctor yesterday. Lydie and I seem to be fighting a virus that causes bad cold symptoms and nausea. And Jaybird has a slight case of pneumonia. You would never know it, except when he coughs. He is full of energy; I am so thankful. In fact, when I was struggling to get out of bed this morning, he made me breakfast in bed. That boy has a heart of gold, I tell ya. God is gracious. Toot started coughing today, too. He informed me that, "My boogers have bad breath. Help me get 'em out, Mama!" Have you ever heard such a thing? Oh well, at least he uses a tissue. That boy rarely puts his finger in his nose. Gotta love that!

Speaking of male past times, tonight while we watched football, the kids made up a fun, new adventure. It involved robots and thus was titled, "Robot Land". Lydie was the princess of the land, of course. The boys really perfected the monotonous robot talk well. They even dressed the part. (Where do they come up with these costumes?) Listening to them play together is so much fun. Well, except the robot voices got a little annoying after a while. But that was better than Lydie's kitty meows. They go on for hours.
Meanwhile, I decided I felt like tackling a few sewing projects. (Sewing + hot glue gun, that is.) Lydie's birthday party is in a week! I have five or six big projects to tackle this week, along with my fall consignment sale, and the usual school and housework. Lord, give me strength! I am excited! Lots of energy needed, but lots of fun to be had!

This banner was fun to make. I used all scraps and did not invest a penny! It will go on our front door for the party. Sort of a "Welcome to our castle!" kind of decoration. I put the "W" on with sticky felt and plan to change it to an "L" later and put the banner in Lydie's room. It didn't take that long to make, but still. Besides, pink still thrills my soul. I had so little of it for so long. I agree with Audrey Hepburn,

"I believe in pink."

And there will be plenty to go around this Saturday at our house!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I believe in pink too! I just bought pink spraypaint to revamp something (I haven't even decided what yet)!