Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Drying up

"Contentment involves putting the best possible interpretation on God's dealings with you."(Lou Priolo)

Thanks for the prayers, friends. We are thankful for the meal that was brought tonight, our neighbors, and Mimi for holding down the fort here at home. God graciously gave us a warm, sunny day today. Not one drop of rain fell on our house! The company that was coming to dry up the basement is running behind due to flooded roads and such. So we decided this afternoon to rip up the carpet ourselves. Then we took our shop vac and slurped up all the water. Bucket after bucket. We were going to take 20 minute shifts...the boys, me, and Andy. But once I got down there I couldn't give up the job.

It was so gratifying to see the mess slowly gone. And I had time to spend with Jesus, singing every hymn I know (especially enjoying "Great is Thy Faithfulness"). I prayed, "Give me trust. Give me hope. Give me the joy of my salvation." And he is working against the sin that entangles me and slowly giving me a softened heart, His heart. I found myself wondering, like Peter, who else would I love? Where else would I go, but to Jesus my Savior? I am thankful to remember where my treasure is, no matter what the cost. I am thankful to have a loving God whom I can trust.

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Man! What a blessing to hear that for the moment things have calmed. You've been in my prayers and on my heart A LOT lately.

Praying for you.

Sending love and hugs to you, precious friend.

Jennifer said...

Oh, Renee, what a week you've had! I pray you have a sunny, dry weekend ahead of you.