Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gibberish and a little progress

(Antique white/chocolate brown toile fabric for curtains)


The kitchen is painted! I love the green. It is soft and relaxing. But I am not even halfway done with the room. I decided to put up a bead board back splash and change the curtains! (My back splash is costing less than $50!! And the curtains $13!) I am putting my bright, fun orange curtains in this room. The extra projects plus Lydie's illness earlier in the week have thrown off my "schedule". Tomorrow is Jaybird's birthday so all construction will come to a halt. Hope to get the kitchen completed by bed time Saturday. But who knows if that will really happen? More pictures to come!
Questions:
~Should I spend $8 a piece on antique white corbels to put under the top cabinets ($40 total)? Should I invest in some apothecary jars to display on the counter tops? (~$35-$40)? These are questions that are rolling around in my head tonight. I'm thinking yes to corbels, no to jars. Couldn't I find the jars at yard sales over the coming months?? But you don't see rustic white-washed corbels for $8 very often...right? Or maybe Thor-Heyerdahl was right when he said,
"Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity."
I bet he wasn't "dizzy in the noodle"!

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

WOW!! You amazed and inspire me to no end! I LOVE seeing all your beautiful ideas coming to fruition! You have such an amazing ability to do so!

Have you tried Craig's List? You never know what you may find and for what price too! :)

Keep up the amazing work, sweet friend!

Wendy said...

I love the green too!

I'm looking forward to seeing your bead board, I've been wanting to do the same thing!