Saturday, July 25, 2009

Kitchen make-over dreams

My kitchen is about to undergo a major transformation! The fun I am finding in dreaming about this room is giving me the energy I need today. I love this process!

This morning I went garage-saling for some inspiration. Here's what I found:

This piece will be painted with this technique. I'm thinking white with brown showing through. It will hang above the baker's rack. I found it for $4!
I can't wait to use this garden tray ($3) as a centerpiece on the kitchen table. Those two white frames were 10c a piece! I will use them in Lydie's big girl room (vintage prints??).
I bought a set of 6 of these vintage Easter postcards with trim and ribbon ($1 total). The are laquered, so nice and sturdy. I will hang them on the chairs at Easter with ribbon.
Makes me have a touch of Spring fever!!
I got 6 of these little lovelies for $1 (total), too. I thought I could use them at Lydie's birthday party in September. Pink candy inside, hung on the chairs, too. Don't think I could have made them for that price! (Excuse the ugly nails. I had to cut them all off when I tie-dyed without gloves. :) )
These two bird-inspired decorations will soon hang in the kitchen- $5 for both. This orange color is my fav!This little $30 table beckoned me. I bought it last week on sale in my favorite little shop. Orange is the new main accent color. Here are a few more orange things that are "old" that will stay in the kitchen. (The canisters (below) were my beautiful Grandmom's. I LOVE having items of her's and Nana's here and there around the house. I never imagined how many memories these little things hold!)
The paint color is a greyish green. I love it against the white trim. I am painting the table and chairs black. So black, greyish green and deep orange are the main colors. And also, lots of white!

I am hoping to have the boys help, again. I think we will get started tonight. By mid-week I hope to be able to share the new look of the kitchen!

3 comments:

Alicia K said...

Love your garage sale finds!

Wendy said...

I remember your last kitchen make over. I'm sure this one will be just as great!

Great finds!

Jennifer said...

I love the new paint color with fun orange accents! I'm excited to see the results.