Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sweet summer

We are enjoying summer immensely. I can hear the crickets and frogs outside in full swing. I can see the fireflies through the window, filling the yard with sparkles. I still feel the sand under my fingernails and the sting of a little too much sun from the beach. I love this season! Tonight for dinner we ate tacos, and fresh corn on the cob and strawberries- a perfect summer meal. We have had so many different fresh veggies this summer to eat, between our garden and a friend's. I love late nights and sleeping in. And tonight, I laughed at how dark skinned and light haired the kids have become over the last few weeks from endless days at the pool or beach. It's all so good and I am so thankful!

We spent the day doing yard work and running errands. (We were running errands for 6 hours, to be exact!) So tomorrow we will take a trip into the city and see the aquarium and the big park. No exact time frame, no where to be- ahhhh, it feels wonderful!

"Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light;
and the landscape lay as if new
created in all the freshness of childhood."
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

:) Oh, I am with you, sweet friend! If only summer would be half the year long (or more!)! :)

And how I LOVE your beautiful family picture on the entry before!! That's a "framer" that one! :)

Alicia K said...

I think the memories of what Summer brings is what gets me through the dreary Winter months.