Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's day

We celebrated a day late this year due to our travels. We tried to celebrate on Sunday, but 7 hours in the car foiled our plans. So, last night the kids and I made Andy's favorite dinner. It's a yummy Japanese-style beef and veggie dish. We made him a chocolate cake for dessert. The kids made cards with the usual jokes for Daddy. Our night was a very small gesture, unequalled to a man that is a very wonderful father!



I love my sweet husband. My heart beams when I see him with my children. He really loves to be with us, and tells us so almost every day. He teaches the boys so much about the world. Taking a walk with him is a learning experience in itself. He is chocked full of knowledge about the outdoors. With me, the boys are always saying, "Mama, look at..." But with Andy, they are soaking in the information.
I love the way he is so affectionate and interested in our lives. I love the way he is protective of us. I love that he always, always asks for forgiveness- what a great model for the children. And most of all, I love his integrity and humility. He is such an incredible, godly man- but you would never hear him toot his own horn.
Sometimes I try to take a minute to look at our life through the eyes of our children. My very first observation is how much they enjoy their Daddy. We are all blessed beyond measure to have him leading us along!

No comments: