Monday, March 30, 2009

Rested

I think my weekend sabbatical had a few people worried. Well, I am not sick or pregnant or mentally ill (that last one is iffy). I was just tired. And, as is the case with most holidays, my role as a mother will not lend to a restful time over spring break. I will have the kids without Andy for a week with grandparents, aunts & uncles, and cousins. Which is loads of fun, but tiring! So Andy offered me time to catch up around the house and be quiet and still, too.

Pictured above is one of the focal points in my family room. Is it just me, or do fresh flowers change everything? As I was lounging, this pitcher of flowers gave me many moments of thankfulness.

My weekend consisted of sleep, lying in the bed, watching movies (I saw three), cleaning and organizing the house a little, a couple of fun craft projects, sitting in the yard and staring at the beauty of spring (including our weeping cherry tree that is in bloom), reading, catching up on homeschool planning, and lunches out. I had no idea how tired I was until I slowed down. And I feel invigorated. I hope my family will reap the blessings of a rested, encouraged Momma, as well. Here are a few pictures from the spring projects I piddled with this weekend.

Love rearranging the mantel in our family room. We're in here all the time and I need to change it up a lot.I made an Easter centerpiece for the kitchen table. These sticks were left over from a church event. This arrangement is kind of big and crazy for our little kitchen table, but it was fun to put together.

I am in the process of making green, cream, and chocolate throw pillows for our sectional sofa. Here's a peek. I'll post more pictures when they are all completed. (Who knows when that will be!)

1 comment:

Abby Hutto said...

Your husband is a sweetie! Ken often gives me little "rests" and they are ESSENTIAL to my mental health! I don't know how you do all you do, with homeschooling, housekeeping, husband-keeping :), etc. A rested mommy is truly a gift the whole family can enjoy!