Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I heart projects

One of my FAVORITE hobbies is decorating a little corner of our home or tackling a house project. I am a hater of clutter and this house is smaller than our last, so I am always trying to maximize our space.
Recently, I had two new housing dilemmas: the clutter on the front of the frig and the chaos in the boys' closet. Here's what I did to help:
The frig:
I took all of the magnets off the frig and put them on the front of the washer. I took all of the pictures and put them on this thing pictured above. I went into my favorite home decor store on St. Pat's day and all green items were 20% off! I got this little beauty for $8.80 (originally $11). I hung it on the door of our pantry in the corner of the kitchen. Andy found the white "W" behind the oven last night, so I washed it and added it for a fun detail. (It's hard to see.)
Now the frig looks like this...ahhhh:

The boys' closet

This is the junk that came out of the closet- no kidding! We spent less than $20 adding a lower shelf with a bar for my younger son. He couldn't reach his clothes without yanking the hangers. I also added the small plastic boxes for undies, socks and white tees. We got rid of their dresser which has added more room for their toys. It was a win-win. This is what it looks like now:

Again, ahhhh. I am hoping to paint two rooms in the near future! Fun, fun!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Wonderful...I did the closet thing too! Hah! Feels so good...

Jackie said...

Nice job!