Wednesday, April 01, 2009

See-saws and kisses

Why is it that balance in my life right now is so elusive? I feel like I am stuck on a see-saw, teetering back and forth, up and down. One week I am faithful with my time with the Lord. The next week I fail to spend time in prayer and the Word, but I exercise daily and maintain a healthy diet. One week I neglect my housework, the next week I stay on top of my work and don't spend adequate time with family. I just can't seem to strike a balance right now. Maybe it's just the rainy season or burnout. Maybe it will get better with time. All I know to do is seek His glory. Surely if I make that my focus, then all my shortcomings won't really matter at the end of the day.

From the pen of Charles Spurgeon...
"...through various "kisses" of Jesus we see the evidence of His affection that allows believers to truly enjoy His love. We have the kiss of reconciliation, which we enjoyed at the moment of our conversion, and is was as sweet as honey dripping directly from the honeycomb. The kiss of acceptance is still warm on our face as we learn He has accepted us and our works through His rich grace. There is the kiss of daily, present communion with Him, which we yearn for day after day, until it is changed into the kiss of reception, which one day takes our soul from earth, and then ultimately yields to the kiss of consummation, which fills us with the joy of heaven.
Our walk is by faith, but it is through true fellowship that reaches our emotions that we find rest. Faith is the road, but communion with Jesus is the deep well from which the pilgrims drink. O Lover of our souls, don't be estranged from us, but may the lips of Your blessing meet the lips of our asking, and may the lips of Your fullness touch the lips of our need. And may Your kiss quickly bear much fruit."

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Oh Sweet Friend! Can I ever relate to this sea-saw feeling!!

One thing that I have come to understand is that for me my feminine cycle has A LOT to do with it. I once read an article that chronicles day by day through the month how your hormones, emotions, energy level and motivation go hand in hand.

I've even thought about charting for several months each day on the calendar with just a few words or pictures (happy/sad faces) to see if those same days are identical or similar in the following cycle at that same place...

Also, I have come to realize that I need to embrace that, for me, different weeks take on different focuses. And like a healthy diet, as long as you get everything eventually, it really does all even out.

Hope that helps! Hang in there! From what I know of you, I think you do an incredible job at the balancing act. :)