Monday, March 16, 2009

The silver lining

Today we were all sick with colds. Since I have been home schooling, I have found that sickness can really rock the ship. So today I determined to provide all the ways that I could to create an easy day for us all. Our day involved:
Slowing down to get organized...

Making sure that the house smelled and sounded pleasant...

Encouraging quiet play time...


Reading a little more in those books (which seem to be a perpetual state of "almost done-ness")...

and washing the laundry little by little...

Cooking a healthy, warm soup...

Cuddling time with nowhere to go on a rainy day...Finishing little bits of school throughout the day, no rush...
And surprisingly, it turned out to be a wonderful sick day!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

some of my best memories are of those sick days with my mom at home taking care of me.

Anonymous said...

What a way to "redeem the time." That's the beauty of homeschooling!