Friday, February 20, 2009

Woo-hoo!

I almost let myself miss the consignment sale this year. I just did not think I had the time or energy to devote 4-5 hours to the process. But then I remembered the "preview sale". I look forward to the early bird sale for sellers and volunteers every year. So I committed myself to the grueling preparations of tagging all of our old stuff.
Yesterday my friend watched all three children while I shopped alone. I had 1 hour and 15 minutes to scour the goods, and a budget of $200 (this is a conservative estimate of what I hope to make from my clothes). My total was $204. Hopefully, I will break even when it's all said and done. Here's a list of my loot.
~9 boy shirts
~8 boy shorts
~1 bag
~1 girl vest
~1 girl blazer
~1 girl rain coat
~3 smocked dresses
~8 girl shirts
~3 girl shorts
~6 skirts
~2 capris
~2 pairs of girl shoes
~6 dresses
~3 toys
~3 books
~1 movie
Here are a few of my favorites:

I'm telling you, these consignment sales are so worth it! Okay, I'm stepping off of my soap box.

6 comments:

Alicia K said...

You did great! I am doing the one at Mt. Paran in a few weeks. As always, I dread the sorting, tagging and delivering of all my loot but, the preview sale is so great! Funny ... I also always budget what I am going to make - usually $300. I have finally convinced a friend to do the sale and I am so excited for her. It is addicting once you do just one sale.

Jennifer said...

Oh my! That's a whole lot of cute for $200. Those shoes look brand new!

Tiff said...

Seriously, your pics prove that shopping for girls is way more fun than for boys. If this little honey is a boy, I've decided to at least paint my laundry room pink and go to a store and buy something really girlie for...ME!

Kim said...

You did great!! Our multiples sale is next weekend (27/28). If you can make it to B'ham, there are more good bargains to be found. I am not shopping until the 1/2 off sale on Saturday b/c I got a TON of cute stuff from my friends beforehand.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

WOW!!! I am SO impressed!!! :)

LOVE the girl clothes! Just seeing them makes me really want to have a little girl!

I really miss those awesome consignment sales there! We just don't have many, if at all out here...it's so sad!

Well done, sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Totally cute. I am convinced that we find cuter things at consignments or goodwill than we do in the stores, don't you think? If you haven't been out lately, the styles today are UGLY. Especially for girls.

Did you see my post on our goodwill shopping we did this past week? Awesome blossom. The kids LOVED IT. So, win-win.

I'm diggin' it. :)