Friday, February 13, 2009

Our Valentine party

We hosted a Valentine party with home school friends on Thursday. We had 25+ people in our cozy, little house. The exchange of Valentines brought back many memories. I am thankful that my children got to experience the chaotic excitement of sending/receiving Valentine cards, even though they are not in a traditional classroom.
Above is a picture of the Valentine pails all filled up. Then I read Adeline, on loan from a friend. The book was adorable, with a wonderful message of God's love for His children. The story offered a great transition into our mercy project (and also a great way to indirectly share the gospel with the little ones).



We made a craft and chose an "adopted" grandparent from church for each family. Hopefully, we will all take the time to take our craft in person and have a nice visit, too. Mercy ministry is something that I wanted to incorporate more often into our home school. But, I seem to only take the time to do these types of activities with my children when we are with our home school group. I am thankful for the accountability.

Then we had lots of sugary treats! (Lots of pictures of preparation. Then I didn't have time to take pictures of our guests!) Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

That is a great way to do mercy ministries and just have fun! I'll have to remember that for next year...

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

What fun!! Wish I could have joined you! Happy V-Day to you, sweet friend!