Thursday, February 05, 2009

A special treat


Every Thursday is my night out. This night is an enormous encouragement to me. So far this (school) year, I have spent my night out with friends, alone, or on VERY special occasions at a meeting. But I will miss most meetings and turn down most invitations to be with large groups just to have my quiet night away. So tonight is going to be a very rare exception to the Thursday night rule. I am going to hear Susan Hunt speak! Her books for children are on my "favorites" list. Her talk is entitled, "Discipling Heirs of the Covenant". Starbucks can't hold a candle!
She has authored many books, but these three are my favorites:

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is a treat! I would love to hear her speak. Enjoy!

I'm working on a starting weekly night out for myself. Sounds dreamy. : )

Anonymous said...

I wish I had read this earlier... you could have said hello to her for me! We were blessed with her teaching for several years... they only recently retired and went to Grace. I saw her a couple of weeks ago, but it had been awhile since we had talked.

Hope you have fun - you're bound for a blessing, I'm sure.

Jen

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

So glad that you were able to get out and go to hear her! What a treat!

How was it? Can't wait to hear all about it! :)