Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Scratching the itch

Finally, I found an opportunity to use my persistent imagination. Last night was our "Souper Supper" at church. The tables were each decorated by a volunteer. There is no competition, just a good time. When I signed up to host a table, I had two visions for the table- Paris or birds. The bird theme was the one that came together (mainly because I was determined not to spend any money!).

Last night was a great night for me. A little "artistic outlet" (as my 8 year old reminded me), good conversation and food, and a wonderful message. I came home very happy, like I had scratched a nagging itch. I am very thankful for the women God has placed in my life!

The tables were all beautiful and unique. This table had a "literary buffet" theme.


This table was very elegant.


This table had a Parisian theme. Glad I didn't choose that idea!


This was my table.


Fun was had by all!






2 comments:

Tiff said...

Love the birdies. I'm thinking of something like that for Baby. I love owls too though...

Anonymous said...

Look how cute! And you matched your table. Of course. ;) Love it.