Sunday, October 28, 2007

Our Disney trip

We had a WONDERFUL trip to Disney World! And as I traveled home, wearily, on an airplane with our children I plainly said that I was eager to get back to my daily, predictable life. Nonetheless, our trip gave us more incredible memories than I could have imagined. For starters, our very busy little girl behaved beautifully. A couple of slow dinners proved to be more than she could bare, but other than that she was a happy camper. She even took naps in her stroller, a first for her! Our boys had an absolute ball and have been pretending all day to be back at Disney. They have "designed" a new roller coaster and been back to each theme park in their imaginations. We are so thankful to my in-laws for giving us the opportunity to see Disney with all the perks! Here are the highlights (sorry, it was hard to narrow them down):
Our first stop: Downtown Disney. The Lego store could be its own theme park as far as my boys are concerned. A must-see for little boys!We stayed at the Polynesian resort. The Ohana Restaurant has incredible food and the entertainment is a blast! Here is Daddy dancing with our girl.
Our first day at Magic Kingdom. This theme park is the kids' favorite!
My kids were not as excited to meet the characters as I expected. But of all the characters, Buzz was the coolest. Our favorite restaurant by far was the Rainforest Cafe. The inside is just like eating in a rainforest, with a rainbow, waterfall, trees and lightning. The food is yummy, too.
Lydie bug may not have recognized Cinderella, but I sure did! Eating breakfast in Cinderella's castle was a dream come true for me! I felt like a little girl again. I think I dresseed up as Cinderella at least 3 Halloweens as a little girl. What fun!
We were given the Dream Fast Pass on our third day. No lines, no time restraints. Wow!
Epcot. My FAVORITE! It's a homeschooling mom's dream. Here are the boys pretending to be in China. Love it.Mickey's Not-So-Scary-Halloween party. Lydie decided to imitate the "toddler smile" this week. You know the one...eyes tightly shut, square smile, chin up. So many of her pictures capture this expression. Our girl cracks me up! Trick...

or...Treat!

Jaybird REALLY loved MGM. He aspires to be a movie director, so he was in hog-heaven. Toot loved the Star Wars area the most. Here he is poised and ready for action.

Our day at Animal Kingdom was the only really HOT day. Poor Toot is burning up (but still having fun)!Good-bye Disney! And good-bye to daily play dates with our cousins. Let's go again some day soon!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like everyone had such a great time! How wonderful to have these memories together.

Hyperactive Lu said...

Sounds like a great time!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! It is such a magical place. I am so impressed that you narrowed it down to one post. I rambled for days! How fun that you got a fast pass! That would have made me jump for joy!

Anonymous said...

FUN, FUN, FUN!!! My Jack is drooling over the Woody costume. He's got one for Christmas, but he doesn't know it yet. ;)

That looks like so much fun. Now I can't wait to go! My parents and sister are staying at the Polynesian, too, but we'll be at the Contemporary. It's good to hear that y'all enjoyed it. The kids look too too cute! I'll bet you have a thousand pictures. :) I could stand for parts 2,3,4, and 5 on this subject... they look so happy. (so do mom and dad!)

Anonymous said...

Wow! We are gearing up right now, too. And I know we will want a vacation, following our vacation. So, it goes. right?

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Looks like such fun! We can't wait to do an extended trip there one day.

So glad you are posting pics of those kiddos again - so cute!

MorningSong said...

What a fun time!!!! Love the costumes too!

Blessings.

e.c. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
e.c. said...

I removed my comment b/c I realized I had used your name! So sorry! Anyways, we were at Disney with my in-laws at the same time, apparently! Such fun...truly magical! Glad to see y'all are well and your family has GROWN! Your kiddos are adorable.