Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tid-bits

Today was boy swap again with my friends. My sweet friend, Dawn, has Toot all morning. The baby has been asleep for a while. The house is quiet and peaceful. So I decided to have some craft time. Here's what I made:

As the Mama of two boys and then a girl, I couldn't just dress her in overalls. I had to embellish them just a little. If you have spent six years with plain, old denim, you understand. I haven't sewn the green polka-dotted ribbon on yet. Is it too much?
These are some finds from "thrifing" yesterday. Thanks, Maryanne, for telling me about the new thrift store next to the Goodwill.

I found this little treasure for $5. I want to put it in my bathroom once I paint in there. Maybe having this little piece of art will inspire me to paint.


A little vase for $1. Green and yellow are my favorite colors, so I snagged it.

Have a beautiful day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's all very cute.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

As a momma with three girls I can DEFINETLY say those are some CUTIE overalls!! What a great idea!! (laughing) maybe if I'd had a boy or two I would've thought to do something like that!! =)

Anonymous said...

How cute!! I love them all. Don't you love a good find?

The overalls are darlin'... and if you think the bow is too much, keep it anyway. :) I LOVE grosgrain ribbon - AND polka-dots!!!!! But overall, I think the whole thing is adorable, and I think you are the sweetest mom to do stuff like that. You're having fun, aren't you? ;)

Hyperactive Lu said...

Such wonderful finds! Love the overalls!

Patriot said...

I think the overalls are adorable! I would have killed for a pair like that when I was a little girl!

Hi! Just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway I'm hosting at my site. It's for all natural bath and body products made in Texas. Come check it out!

I'm hosting more giveaways every week - so keep checking!

Thanks!