Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Precious moments with Jaybird

-Today he got in the car after school and said, "Well, I'm okay with it, but still...I think I'm a hermit. " He looked so serious and matter-of-fact. I replied, "Now, why would you say that?" He said, "I get so nervous in front of the class when I have to talk. I wish I was alone. So, I guess I'm just a hermit." He was very relieved when I set him straight!

-Yesterday in the car he exclaimed, "Mom, I know what kind of birthday party I want!" Since I just planned three birthday parties and his birthday is in July, I admit I rolled my eyes when I heard the topic. Then he said, "I want a Jesus party! It will be so exciting! We can have a treasure hunt in the back yard and the kids will have to fight really hard to get to the end where they learn about Jesus. I might even just make it a Bible party. Our pool would be great to use to act out the flood."

Thank you, Lord, that you have stirred your Spirit in my little boy's heart. Thank you that you took a heart of stone and gave it Life. Thank you that a little 7 year old boy points me to you every day!

No comments: